All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:43 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I don't think anyone on NSN actually uses the compact cropped medium format Hasselblad system but they did introcuce a second generation of this camera based on the same sensor (which does not have phase detect AF).  The biggest differences, besides finish, is a fgaster and more capable processor which addresses the biggest handling problems of the previous version - very slow start-up and laggy overall performance.  Also the first zoom for the system was introduced, a 35-70mm which is approximately 28-56mm FF equivalent.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4385995693/hasselblad-launches-x1d-ll-50c-with-improved-handling-faster-responses-and-lower-price

Also a digital back for the old V system will become available.

I have had the opportunity to use the original X1D 50 and it's a fun camera with an iPhone like user interface that is very intuitive if you have a smart phone.  It is capable of exceptional image quality but it can be painful to use due to it's very lethargic handling.  hopefully the new processor completely addresses this.

by Swissblad on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:11 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Very interested in the CFV II 50c..... looks way cool.....and with the new 907 body attached to X series lenses - it looks like a dream...albeit a very expensive one.

Glad I kept me old Hassy - love that old world charm.

8)

2 posts |