NatureScapes.net Forums
https://www.naturescapes.net/forums/

Nikon D850 firmware question
https://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=283566
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Dave Courtenay [ Fri May 24, 2019 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Nikon D850 firmware question

I have only used my D850 with small lenses i.e wide to 70-200, When i tried it with my 200-400 mk1 and 600FR VR it worked horribly, The 200-400 worked intermittently whilst the 600 VR basically did not work at all, Today i decided to update to the latest firmware before sending it into Nikon and the 200-400 works great whilst the 600VR works but with a small squeak (cant remember if it had that before) did anybody else have a problem with the D850 with longer lenses before the firmware update?

Dave

Author:  DChan [ Fri May 24, 2019 6:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Nikon D850 firmware question

Dave Courtenay wrote:
I have only used my D850 with small lenses i.e wide to 70-200, When i tried it with my 200-400 mk1 and 600FR VR it worked horribly, The 200-400 worked intermittently whilst the 600 VR basically did not work at all, Today i decided to update to the latest firmware before sending it into Nikon and the 200-400 works great whilst the 600VR works but with a small squeak (cant remember if it had that before) did anybody else have a problem with the D850 with longer lenses before the firmware update?

Dave


All my long lenses (none of them of the latest version) work fine with my D850, which I have not updated it to the latest firmware yet.

The squeak from your 600 f4 could be because you haven't used that lens for a while.

Author:  Dave Courtenay [ Sat May 25, 2019 10:24 am ]
Post subject: 

Yesterday after the firmware update both lenses worked on the D850 but today the lenses will not focus, To me it looks like the camera but smaller lenses work fine, Time to talk to Nikon, Will see if i can borrow another body to see if they work on it

Dave

Author:  bmstsm [ Sat May 25, 2019 11:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Nikon D850 firmware question

There's something wrong with your D850 Dave. Have you tried the blowing dust off the AF sensor.
My D850's work fine with 300, 400 and 500mm primes.

Author:  Dave Courtenay [ Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

I cannot see how to post an image here, I looked inside the lens mount, Just under the contacts you can see a wire going across with a 'bridge' holding it, It is straight on one side of the bridge but the other side looks bent if that makes sense, Can somebody with a D850 have a look and check for me

Thanks

Dave

Author:  E.J. Peiker [ Tue May 28, 2019 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

Dave Courtenay wrote:
I cannot see how to post an image here, I looked inside the lens mount, Just under the contacts you can see a wire going across with a 'bridge' holding it, It is straight on one side of the bridge but the other side looks bent if that makes sense, Can somebody with a D850 have a look and check for me

Thanks

Dave

Click on Reply under your original message, not quick reply, then choose the tiny little picture icon right above the text entry box, the rest will be self explanatory.

Author:  Dave Courtenay [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just tried the lenses on a friends D850 and nothing works so back to Nikon they go

Author:  sraja [ Wed May 29, 2019 3:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

Dave Courtenay wrote:
Just tried the lenses on a friends D850 and nothing works so back to Nikon they go




Actually I have had this problem on two of my lens 300 f2.8 VR and 200-400 VR I. In both the cases the Autofocus motors failed.
Had to get it repaired.  It had nothing to do with the camera. 

I have upgraded the firmware on my D850 and using with the 600 f4 no issues so far...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
//www.phpbb.com/