All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by Mike in O on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:27 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
I copied this from a DPreview post
[font="Open Sans", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A moment of levity amidst the normal doom and gloom around here.[/font]
[font="Open Sans", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]First of all, an aside.  I've thoroughly enjoyed my Flashpoint R2 Zoom Li-on TTL flash on my A77ii. If you don't own a hotshoe flash, or don't want to spend a lot for one, this thing is really, really nice, a joy to use. That rechargeable Li-on battery recovers fast and lasts forever (and that's not really an exaggeration), so long in fact I've found no need for a backup battery even on days of hard use I barely make a dent.  I'm so glad to not be hassling with AA batteries. Their R2 radio system is well implemented and works seamlessly across their product line (including others made by Godox). I highly recommend this.[/font]
[font="Open Sans", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Which brings me to my story. So I was going over the documentation on the separate R2 TTL radio transmitter. A few notes in the safety instructions that made my laugh:[/font]
[ul]
[li]Stop using this product if it breaks open due to internal shifting, falling or strong impact.  STRONG electric shock may occur if you touch the components inside it. You might DIE.  Don’t risk It.  Reincarnation Is not covered by the warranty.[/li]

[li]Do not fire the flash directly Into the eyes (especially those of babies and pets) within short distances.  Otherwise visual Impairment may occur.  When taking pictures for babies, keep the flash unit at least 1 meter (3.3 feet) away from them.  Using bounce flash to reduce light intensity Is also recommended.  Plus It will make them look cuter. Because it creates softer light, and larger catchlights In the eyes. And makes them look more angelic. Which is good. Cause they are babies.  They are SUPPOSED to look angelic!  Also you won’t get hard shadows from that ridiculous gigantic bow they decided to stick on the baby’s head if you bounce your light.[/li]

[li]Do not use the flash unit in the presence of flammable gases, chemicals and other similar materials. In certain circumstances, these materials may be sensitive to the strong light emitting from this flash unit and fire may result. A whole new meaning to “Flashpoint”.[/li]

[/ul]
[font="Open Sans", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This beats badly translated English any day.[/font]

1 post |