Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by EAraiza1985 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:18 pm
EAraiza1985
Forum Contributor
Hello everyone, so my current photography set up is a Hawken 10x42 monocular scope a phone attachment and my Iphone 5 SE. The set up is alright and gets the job done as I am an amateur. However, I was wondering if anyone know of a better scope that can produce better clearer images or a very decently priced camera for beginners. Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Erick

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:04 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Welcome to NSN.
Honestly, almost any point and shoot camera with a zoom is a better setup than you are using. Without knowing what you like to shoot or how much magnification you need, it’s hard to make a recommendation. Something like this has a long zoom and is much lower priced than most cell phones:

Sony DSC-H300b

Reviews are all over the place and most negatives are about the battery life.

If you are looking for a DSLR, something like this would be an entry level camera, but the included lens is not a telephoto:

Nikon D3500

Nikon D3500 with longer zoom

Thom Hogan praises this camera here under “Top Holiday Deals Still Active”:

http://www.bythom.com/

Keep in mind that these lenses are not great and quality lenses cost a lot more, but are worth it if you want better images.

From there up, prices go up. If you can give more specifics about your usage, better recommendations can be made.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Hey Erick
I don’t know if you’re still following this thread you started, but this article may be of interest to you:

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2018/1 ... e-cameras/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

3 posts |