All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:01 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
B and H has great prices now. $1000 off a9, $400 off a7rlll:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1377611-REG/sony_alpha_a9_mirrorless_digital.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1369441-REG/sony_ilce7rm2_b_alpha_a7r_iii_mirrorless.html

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Could this be the beginning of a price war by Sony to stay at the top of the heap?

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Mike in O on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:08 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:Could this be the beginning of a price war by Sony to stay at the top of the heap?

Joe
They over priced the A9 for the market and are probably clearing inventory.  Both the 9 & 7 are due for new cameras...my guess is a late January announcement.  Funny, so far I have no interest in the latest and greatest, my 99II & 77ii with a number of new lenses bought at bargain basement prices will see me through a lot of years.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:13 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:
SantaFeJoe wrote:Could this be the beginning of a price war by Sony to stay at the top of the heap?

Joe
They over priced the A9 for the market and are probably clearing inventory.  Both the 9 & 7 are due for new cameras...my guess is a late January announcement.
Makes me wonder, if they come out with new models, will they get away with overpricing them in a changed market?

Joe

4 posts |