All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Charlie Woodrich on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
Member #:00334
Just had my first experience with Sony service.  I had read about people having issues so I was reluctant to have a nagging problem addressed. On a random basis my a7M3 paired with the 100-400 GM (after coming out of the sleep function) wouldn't AF for a minute or two even in high contrast situations.  I called and explained my problem and they sent me shipping instructions to the repair center.  I sent them (body+lens) off on a Thursday and received them back the following Wednesday; fixed and nicely packed. The only downside was I had to go through the entire menu and custom keys, etc. because they had been reset to the default position.  I had expected this so I took a shot of every screen so the reset wasn't so onerous.  Overall I am very pleased with the service.

Last edited by Charlie Woodrich on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:29 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
One of my big gripes with the Sony system is that you can't write the entire camera set-up to a memory card, only the custom shooting mode set-ups.

by Charlie Woodrich on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
Member #:00334
I take it all back. They didn't fix the problem.

3 posts |