Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Robert Sabin on Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:57 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
I purchased a new 600mmF4L lens and I have a 200-400mm Canon L lens. I Just installed Kirk replacement feet for both lenses with the built in Arca Compatible plate. I did this because I read alot of talk about how much better replacement feet are. 
So far as I see, I am about3/8th of an inch lower with the new feet for $200 Dollars.

I don't see where I am Gaining ANYTHING?

Kindly advise what I supposedly gained...Weight is about the same as the Canon foot with a long lens plate. The Kirk feet are much heavier then the Canon feet without the Lens Plate...

THXS

Robert

by Charlie Woodrich on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:13 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
I little more stability. Given the price of a new 600 I didn't feel comfortable simply putting a plate on the Canon foot. I purchased the foot produced by Naturescapes and I'm very pleased with it.

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:22 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Not all lens replacement feet are equal. I don't know about your specific one but checking all the different ones out there, including the NSN one you will likely find one that is lower profile. You can always return the one you purchased.

by Andrew_5488 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:46 pm
Andrew_5488
Forum Contributor
I'm not sure about Kirk since I use Wimberley but what you getting is lower profile which means easier balancing on gimbal head.

4 posts |