All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by Karl Egressy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:22 am
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
I have been dealing with B&H for about fifteen years and I was OK. with their service.
Most recently, however, I had bad experience, such as luck of knowledge of the salesperson, wrong info given and mostly the slowness of their service.
I ordered four smaller ($265 US) items on Sunday, they charged it on my card on Monday and today (Thursday) it still shows: being processed but has not been shipped.
Any other larger store you might recommend that would ship to Canada for future dealing with?
Thanks,
Karl.

by Robert Doiron on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 am
Robert Doiron
Lifetime Member
Member #:01436
Hi Karl. I have been dealing with B&H for about ten years. Always had good service. I always order online and never deal with any salesperson. I have ordered three times from them the last two months. No issue. The only thing I have noticed different is that they changed courier services. They used to ship via Purolator to Canada. Now, my packages are delivered by UPS.
Robert Doiron
http://www.pbase.com/robertdoiron

by ricardo00 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm
ricardo00
Forum Contributor
Karl Egressy wrote:I have been dealing with B&H for about fifteen years and I was OK. with their service.
Most recently, however, I had bad experience, such as luck of knowledge of the salesperson, wrong info given and mostly the slowness of their service.
I ordered four smaller ($265 US) items on Sunday, they charged it on my card on Monday and today (Thursday) it still shows: being processed but has not been shipped.
Any other larger store you might recommend that would ship to Canada for future dealing with?
Thanks,
Karl.

If I need something right away, I often call and ask before ordering online (this is true for B&H as well as other stores).  It has happened more than once that stuff listed as "in stock" online are actually not there ready to be shipped that day.  This happened once with B&H as well as other places (like RRS).  So is it possible that one of your items is not actually there ready to be shipped (and they are holding the order up to ship them together)?  I also find it very annoying that many companies immediately charge you, even before shipping things. 

by Karl Egressy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:12 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
ricardo00 wrote:
Karl Egressy wrote:I have been dealing with B&H for about fifteen years and I was OK. with their service.
Thanks,
Karl.

If I need something right away, I often call and ask before ordering online (this is true for B&H as well as other stores).  It has happened more than once that stuff listed as "in stock" online are actually not there ready to be shipped that day.  This happened once with B&H as well as other places (like RRS).  So is it possible that one of your items is not actually there ready to be shipped (and they are holding the order up to ship them together)?  I also find it very annoying that many companies immediately charge you, even before shipping things. 

This is exactly what happened a few month ago.
I phoned them after a week or so and found out that one of the items I ordered was back ordered and they held everything else back.
After I said that I won't wait for the back ordered item, they finally shipped the rest. 
This time they claimed that the weather was bad which could have been.

by Charlie Woodrich on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:24 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
Karl Egressy wrote:
ricardo00 wrote:
Thanks,
Karl.

This is exactly what happened a few month ago.
I phoned them after a week or so and found out that one of the items I ordered was back ordered and they held everything else back.
After I said that I won't wait for the back ordered item, they finally shipped the rest. 
This time they claimed that the weather was bad which could have been.
When you order on line they give you the option of getting everything at once or just send what's readily available and send the back ordered items when they can.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:44 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Additionally, they will run the credit as a pending charge to insure it's a valid account when you order but they don't really put through the actual charge until it ships. Make sure you are looking at actual charges, not just pending charges.

by OntPhoto on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Thanks,
Karl.
I shop at Amazon.com and Amazon.ca for camera gear all the time.  I did get my 7D MK2 from Camera Canada but only because they had a great deal (a $100 discount and some Canon swag including a windbreaker which I never applied for - cut the bar code from the box, etc. and thus never got) and were the first to have it in stock.

But way back in early 2000's I did shop a lot at both B&H and Adorama.  Less hassle and better customer service at Amazon.

Last edited by OntPhoto on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Andrew_5488 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:07 am
Andrew_5488
Forum Contributor
They may not have one of the items.They 're also closed for 3 days recently.
 You should really chat online with B&H.
They'd tell you right away what the problem with you order is.

8 posts |