« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Bruce Sherman on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 pm
Bruce Sherman
Forum Contributor
I have just fine tuned the AF on my Tamron 150-600 using the Tamron TAP-in console. Will one fine tuning on that lens be OK regardless of which Nikon body I use with that lens?
Bruce Sherman
[url]http://www.pbase.com/brucesherman[/url]

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:51 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Nope!

Calibrate it with the dock to your most used body for that lens.  Then tweak it on the other camera using the in camera AFFT adjustment.  You will likely need to dial in a slight bit of offset on the other body.  While this second body won't be fully calibrated across the whole distance and zoom ranges like the other, those changes tend to be more a characteristic of the lens rather than the body so the simple offset on the second body should be all that is needed to still get good AF accuracy on the secondary body.

by Bruce Sherman on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:13 am
Bruce Sherman
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Nope!

Calibrate it with the dock to your most used body for that lens.  Then tweak it on the other camera using the in camera AFFT adjustment.  You will likely need to dial in a slight bit of offset on the other body.  While this second body won't be fully calibrated across the whole distance and zoom ranges like the other, those changes tend to be more a characteristic of the lens rather than the body so the simple offset on the second body should be all that is needed to still get good AF accuracy on the secondary body.
Thanks, EJ.
Bruce Sherman
[url]http://www.pbase.com/brucesherman[/url]

3 posts |