Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by C Baugh on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:22 pm
C Baugh
Forum Contributor
I'm planning to do night photography and hear I need an intervelometer & that some cameras have this built in.  I have been unable to find clear answers on the internet.  Does the Sony a7Rii have this feature or is there is a cable release for this model with that feature?  Does anyone have information on this?  I don't want to do a firmware download for Trigger Trap or Magic Lanter.  Thanks.  Charleen Baugh
C. Baugh

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:56 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The a7R II has an app that can be downloaded form the Sony PlayMemories store to the camera that gives you that capability.  It's in the Timelapse app.  Or you can buy a cable release that has an intervalometer function built in.

by ronzie on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm
ronzie
Forum Contributor
I used one of these with my Canon EOS 50D.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... emote.html

The Sony a7Rii is listed as compatible. Intervalometer, controlled exposure shutter length, etc. I put Velcro tape on both the tripod head and camera body to hold the receiver. It has a range of about 250 feet for its remote distance. It is radio frequency control, not IR.  You just need to get the correct cable for receiver to camera. I assume your Sony will advance the frame count at the conclusion of the exposure. The unit will trigger AF and then expose the image. Lot's of options.

by C Baugh on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:37 am
C Baugh
Forum Contributor
Thank you, appreciate the reply.  Found out I really don't need it after all, so that is one less thing to carry.  Best. Charleen
C. Baugh

4 posts |