Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:52 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Re: the Canon lens.

My tripod went over  :oops:.

I usually rely on this lens’ excellent af, focusing manually only for close focus quasi/pseudo macro subjects, so even though this is my most used lens, I’m not sure if this behavior is “normal.”  AF is fine.  Manual focus works, but I’ve recently discovered that in close the focusing adjustment is as expected, but as I focus out toward infinity, it takes more twisting of the focus ring to change the focal point.  No gritty or grinding feeling, no sense of “slippage.”  I’m hoping that this is normal, and I’m just noticing now due to guilt, paranoia, and a lack of much experience manually focusing on distant subjects.  I’m out in the boonies, so a side by side with another copy of the lens isn’t practical.  I’m hoping you all can put my mind at ease. . . .

by jrhoffman75 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:16 am
jrhoffman75
Forum Contributor
When you turn the focus ring does the distance scale move smoothly through the window?

by Craig Lipski on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Yes it does.

3 posts |