Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by PopeShawnPaul on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm
PopeShawnPaul
Forum Contributor
I have a Canon 600EX RT II flash and shoot wildlife with it and a BB.  Looking to buy a battery pack so I don't have as many shots in a burst that it doesn't fire on.  I see the specs for it but also see a much cheaper CP-E4.  I also see 3rd party brands that are even cheaper.  It got me thinking, what am I getting for the $200 for the CP-E4N?  I can't find specs on the CP-E4 but I can for the N version:

[font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]Recycle Time, at full 1/1 manual power:
Speedlite 600EX II RT alone — approx. 5.5 seconds (alkaline AAs);  3.5 sec.  (Ni-MH)
600EX II-RT plus CP-E4N — approx. 1.8 seconds  (alkaline AAs);  1.2 sec.  (Ni-MH)[/font]

[font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]Number of flashes, at full 1/1 manual power: 
Speedlite 600EX II-RT alone — approx. 100 (alkaline AAs);  approx. 112  (Ni-MH)
600EX II-RT plus CP-E4N — approx. 300 (alkaline AAs);  approx. 336  (Ni-MH)[/font]

[font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]Number of continuous, full-power shots before Level 1 protection engages:
600EX II-RT with previous CP-E4 pack — 45 to 70 flashes*
600EX II-RT with updated CP-E4N pack — 60 to 100 flashes*[/font]

So how much better is the N version than the original?  How about compared to 3rd party brands?  I looked everywhere online and there are really no reviews about the CP-E4N, especially compared to other options.  Does anyone know if someone has done a comparison or review to compare the two?  Does anyone know the specs of the CP-E4 so I can compare them with the above to see if it's worth the extra money?  Does anyone even own the CP-E4N and have insights?  Thanks!
www.shawnmccully.com

by jrhoffman75 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm
jrhoffman75
Forum Contributor
https://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/a ... pack.shtml

2 posts |