All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by RLK on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am
RLK
Forum Contributor
Member #:01370
I use the 100-400 along with either the 500mm or 600mm and often carry both with me on location. It would be nice if I could attach a strap to the 100-400 so I could carry it over my should (2nd body attached) while also carrying the longer lens. Is there such a strap and how is it connected to the lens? I don't want to put a strap on the camera body.

Thanks for any suggestions

Bob
Bob Kothenbeutel
Website (under construction) www.rlkimages.photoshelter.com

by Brian K. on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:52 am
Brian K.
Lifetime Member
Member #:00115
Bob,

I use the Blackrapid strap like the one shown here at the NSN store. They have several different designs for different needs. I also have the dovetail clamp attached since I have a dovetail foot on the lens.

https://store.naturescapes.net/curve-br ... lackrapid/

Brian
[b]Brian D. Kennedy[/b]
[b]NSN 0115[/b]
http://www.bdkennedy.com

by Mark Boranyak on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 am
Mark Boranyak
Forum Contributor
Brian K. wrote:Bob,

I use the Blackrapid strap like the one shown here at the NSN store. They have several different designs for different needs. I also have the dovetail clamp attached since I have a dovetail foot on the lens.

https://store.naturescapes.net/curve-br ... lackrapid/

Brian
This is the setup I also use.

by WDCarrier on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
I use a Q Strap…knockoff on the Black Rapid but under $25. It’s attached to a pistol grip that is attached to the socket on the 7D. However, no matter the strap, I have always used an auxiliary 1/8” cable that attaches with very small carabiners from the strap connector directly to a strap socket on the camera…just in case. Many miles and never a failure.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by Wildflower-nut on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:26 am
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
same black rapid set up as others.

by Craig Lipski on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Same here, (BR Sport.) A nice feature, for me, is that by locking the rotating collar in just the right position, my hand naturally and immediately falls to the camera grip, too. Also, it appears I have a rotator cuff issue on the left side, but the weight distribution from the angled strap avoids aggravating/exacerbating that. I'm really pleased with the setup.

by ibarker on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:54 pm
ibarker
Forum Contributor
RLK wrote:I use the 100-400 along with either the 500mm or 600mm and often carry both with me on location. It would be nice if I could attach a strap to the 100-400 so I could carry it over my should (2nd body attached) while also carrying the longer lens. Is there such a strap and how is it connected to the lens? I don't want to put a strap on the camera body.

Thanks for any suggestions

Bob
Hi Bob:

I use a Cotton Carrier for my 100-400II mounted on the camera body in the situation that you describe.  The base of the camera body is attached to the Carrier, but the whole rig is secure and the camera-lens connection is not stressed. Tight to the chest, not in the way, and quickly accessible.

Ian Barker

by Ed Cordes on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:02 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Another vote for Black Rapid here. My wife and I both use one.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

8 posts |