Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 am
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
I have a Vertex Molar Bean Bag that I quite like and I am looking to get a second bag. I would order another Vertex, but I have to order a Kirk Collar for my new Nikon 200-500 and to save on shipping will be ordering from B&H (Free to Canada). So I am thinking of maybe the Naturescapes Skimmersack II bean bag which B&H sell & have in stock. Anyone use this bag and like it? Any others to consider? I will not be using any heads or anything with the bag, Just lens on bag.

Thanks
Tim

by Mike in O on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:22 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Just get yourself a burlap rice bag from the grocery store...has a handle and zippered inner liner (and you have rice for eating or weddings)

by Tim Zurowski on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:02 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:Just get yourself a burlap rice bag from the grocery store...has a handle and zippered inner liner (and you have rice for eating or weddings)
No thanks. Only a good proper bean bag for me. I have specific needs for them. :)

by DChan on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:20 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:Just get yourself a burlap rice bag from the grocery store...has a handle and zippered inner liner (and you have rice for eating or weddings)
If it were me that's what I would do. I'm curious what specific needs Tim has in mind other than what he stated so far, i.e., lens on bag.

by photoman4343 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
Tim, I just replaced my favorite bean bag that I lost in Hurricane Harvey with the Tamrac Super Sabi Sack. I looks to be the same as the Gura Gear Sabi sack i used for a number of years. I use it primarily with my 500mm f 4 when shooting out of a vehicle. I also have taken it to Africa on safari for use in safari vehicles. It has loop handles that make it easy to carry. I attach a gear strap to the loop so I can secure it when needed. I fill it with buckwheat hulls.

More at this B & H link:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/contro ... ku=1286725

Joe
Joe Smith

by Gary Gulash on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:36 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
Tim, I purchased the original Naturescapes Skimmersack from this site. It has seen heavy use and I like it a lot, well made, attention to detail and looks good. It developed a tear finally this year (partly my fault as I had some very heavy filler in it, bad idea), restitched it locally and going strong again. The new design looks similar with some enhancements.

by andre paul on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 am
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Tim Zurowski wrote:I have a Vertex Molar Bean Bag that I quite like and I am looking to get a second bag. I would order another Vertex, but I have to order a Kirk Collar for my new Nikon 200-500 and to save on shipping will be ordering from B&H (Free to Canada). So I am thinking of maybe the Naturescapes Skimmersack II bean bag which B&H sell & have in stock. Anyone use this bag and like it? Any others to consider? I will not be using any heads or anything with the bag, Just lens on bag.

Thanks
Tim
tim, answering your question : i have the skimmersack II and the arthur morris bean bag designed bean bag. both work flawlessly. 

the skimmersack is a bit smaller, and it works perfectly. no problems here... ;-)
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Tim Zurowski on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks very much guys for the replies on this one. :) I did look at all the suggestions, but in the end I ordered the Naturescapes Skimmersack II. The AM bag looks very good, but I wasn't prepared to pay that much for a second bag. If B&H had carried the Vertex, I would have probably just got another one of them, as I am happy with mine. I am sure the Skimmersack will be just as good.

by christypmaui on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:04 pm
christypmaui
Forum Contributor
Tim Zurowski wrote:Thanks very much guys for the replies on this one. :)  I did look at all the suggestions, but in the end I ordered the Naturescapes Skimmersack II. The AM bag looks very good, but I wasn't prepared to pay that much for a second bag. If B&H had carried the Vertex, I would have probably just got another one of them, as I am happy with mine. I am sure the Skimmersack will be just as good.
Awesome - I like the SkimmerSacks II a lot and always carry a pair.
Loves photographing big cats in Africa, polar bear babies and young Bengal tigers
www.wildliferhythms.com
http://chrisprestegardtraveltipcentral.blogspot.com/

9 posts |