Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Wildflower-nut on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:08 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I've always bought markins ball heads from a distributor on the west coast of Canada.  Their web site shows they are out of everything.  Do you have to buy these from hong kong now??

by Bill Chambers on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:57 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
You might want to try this link.  Look at the very bottom of the page and it lists a link for Canadian buyers.  You can probably buy from the US page as well, I suspect.  http://www.markins.com/4.0/html_en/online.php

Bill
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Wildflower-nut on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:44 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
It turns out Markins North America was setting up a new web page and I caught them in the transition.

by OntPhoto on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:59 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Seldom see Markins mentioned nowadays but my Markins M20 ballhead is still working, close to 10 years now.  Quality lasts.

by Tim Zurowski on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:25 am
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:Seldom see Markins mentioned nowadays but my Markins M20 ballhead is still working, close to 10 years now.  Quality lasts.
I agree, I have had my Markins M20 since 2005 and it is still just as great as when I first bought it. Very well built, very solid and very lightweight.

by Wildflower-nut on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:10 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I really like the markins the best and I've tried them all. The only downside has been freezing up in cold weather when I go to the arca z-1 which is heavier but never failed in cold. The markins will work but you have to wipe the ball with wd40 as recommended by them on their site. WD40 is hard to carry when traveling by air hence the z-1

6 posts |