Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
by WDCarrier on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:21 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
I am suffering battery drain in my 7DII while it is turned off.  It will go from full to half or less overnight.  I've checked and the GPS is off. Is there something I am missing that needs to be turned off?  I can't seem to pin-point it (this doesn't happen with my 7D)
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by Gary Gulash on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:23 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
Faulty or worn out battery? Does it occur with all batteries you may have for this body?

by Karl Egressy on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
It could be a short circuit somewhere in the electronics.
I had this one happening to a film camera from Canon and the printed circuit board with all the electronics attached, had to be replaced.
It was expensive.

by Mike in O on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
probably a worn out battery...try shooting a lot of shots all at once and see if battery draw is different

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:20 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Check out this thread, especially the part about the viewfinder and the last entry about lens on/lens off on the end of the second page:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/C ... d-p/128736

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by WDCarrier on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:41 am
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:probably a worn out battery...try shooting a lot of shots all at once and see if battery draw is different
Nope...just put in a brand new Canon battery.  Fully charged the night before.  Only at half when I entered the blind in the morning and flashing to change in 2 hours.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by signgrap on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:45 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Not familiar with the 7D but does it have WiFi or GPS capabilities?
If it does check to see if they are turned on as these capabilities are battery drains in other cameras.
Dick Ludwig

by P.W.Post on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:28 pm
P.W.Post
Forum Contributor
I also have a 7D Mark II. I usually take out the battery when I through shooting at the end of the day and top it off. But when I've left the battery in for two or three days I get hardly any drain. if a new battery doesn't do the trick I would assume there is something wrong with the camera. It needs to go back to canon for evaluation and probably repair.

Peter

by WDCarrier on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:46 am
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:Check out this thread, especially the part about the viewfinder and the last entry about lens on/lens off on the end of the second page:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/C ... d-p/128736

Joe
Thanks,Joe, that was an extremely helpful exchange.  Seems like I'm not alone on this issue.

9 posts |