Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by MalcolmBenn on Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:09 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
I've been thinking of getting a lightning trigger for next summers trip to Utah and Arizona. I'm just starting to do some research so any comments or suggestions would be helpful and appreciated, thanks.
Malcolm Benn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8357466@N03/

by EGrav on Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:12 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
I have tried several over the years. PatchMaster, Lightning Bug, Nero Trigger and another that I can't remember the name of. My quest was to save money and get the "cheaper" ones. Each time I paid a little more. They all worked to some degree, occasionally fairly well. Finally, put out the $ and got the LT4 Lightning Trigger. Reliable day and night and I wish I had gotten it initially and saved myself time and money. It is not 100% but pretty darn close. Of course YMMV. Rich at lightning trigger is very knowledgeable and responsive to questions, etc.

PS No relation to lightningtrigger.com - just very satisfied customer.

Last edited by EGrav on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:38 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Here's a link you might find helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235506

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:57 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
EGrav wrote:I have tried several over the years. PatchMaster, Lightning Bug, Nero Trigger and another that I can't remember the name of. My quest was to save money and get the "cheaper" ones. Each time I paid a little more. They all worked to some degree, occasionally fairly well. Finally, put out the $ and got the LT4 Lightning Trigger. Reliable day and night and I wish I had gotten it initially and saved myself time and money. It is not 100% but pretty darn close. Of course YMMV. Rich at lightning trigger is very knowledgeable and responsive to questions, etc.

PS No relation to lightningtrigger.com - just very satisfied customer.
Thanks, I've been thinking about the LT IV but I was curious if there were any negative comments.
Malcolm Benn

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:Here's a link you might find helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235506

Joe

Thanks Joe, I had seen that before but I was interested to see if there were any more recent observations.
Malcolm Benn

by EGrav on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:48 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
My only negative is the higher cost, But I wasted $ trying cheaper units to "save money". Oh well......

6 posts |