All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by James W. Milligan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:06 am
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
I am trying to update the firmware for the a6300 and the site tells me my current operating system,on a 27 inch iMac is not compatible.....I am up to date on the operating system. Any thoughts???

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:13 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It can't hurt to try it. The software won't launch if it isn't compatible. I've always foound the Windows platform a bit more stable for Sony updates so I haven't done one on my Macs in a while.

by Jens Peermann on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:07 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
James W. Milligan wrote:I am trying to update the firmware for the a6300 and the site tells me my current operating system,on a 27 inch iMac is not compatible.....I am up to date on the operating system. Any thoughts???
Just a few days ago I updated the firmware on my a6300 on a Mac Mini running on el Capitan 10.11.6, which isn't even the latest.
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:30 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
OK, just tried it and James is correct, the software will not launch on a Sierra based Mac.  I'm guessing it work just fine but Sony hasn't updated it's dmg file launcher to accept OSX 10.12 as a valid OS.  I have reported the issue to Sony for what it's worth.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Response from Sony:

Hi E.J.,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Alpha Email Response Team.

I understand that you were unable to update your ILCE6300 camera using Mac OSX 10.12.1 Sierra. Let me further help you with your concern.

Please be advised that the firmware installation for Sony cameras and camcorders are not yet supported with Mac Sierra users. Our engineers are still working on this compatibility issue and I am sorry, we do not have the exact date when it will be available. To update your camera, please use other Mac computer with OSX 10.9 to 10.11 and for PC, please use Windows Vista to Windows 10.

We also appreciate you bringing this to our attention, I will take note of your concern and forward it to our support group. Should there be any updates released, it will be posted on the ILCE6300 model page at the Sony US support website.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-hom ... ownloadTab

Additionally, we also have a community forum at http://www.community.sony.com/ where other Sony customers post inquiries and feedback about their products and experiences. You can also post your inquiries there and other members of the community, or even some of our engineers who visit the site, may be able to help you.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Jorge
C5WZ
The Sony Alpha Email Response Team

by James W. Milligan on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:43 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
E.J., thanks for the time and effort you put in on this question. I was pleased to hear that the problem was on Sony and that I was not the idiot. Thanks again!!
Jim

6 posts |