Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Jens Peermann on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:21 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
It arrived at the end of the day, so I haven’t done much besides checking basic functions  and going through the menu. That’s where I discovered that this camera now has metering linked to focus point. A really pleasant surprise.

I also was able to make the battery grip that is designed for the a6300 work on the a6500. It takes a warranty canceling modification, though. The rim around the surface that meets the camera has to be filed down, except for the front left and rear right corners. It’s not perfect and I will replace it with a dedicated grip as soon as it becomes available. But for now it works.

I will test this camera with the Canon 400/5.6 L on Saturday.

(There was a typo in the original headline that read "a6300". The camera I am talking about here is the a6500. Sorry for any inconvenience)
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by Mike in O on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:40 am
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Jens Peermann wrote:It arrived at the end of the day, so I haven’t done much besides checking basic functions  and going through the menu. That’s where I discovered that this camera now has metering linked to focus point. A really pleasant surprise.

I also was able to make the battery grip that is designed for the a6300 work on the a6500. It takes a warranty canceling modification, though. The rim around the surface that meets the camera has to be filed down, except for the front left and rear right corners. It’s not perfect and I will replace it with a dedicated grip as soon as it becomes available. But for now it works.

I will test this camera with the Canon 400/5.6 L on Saturday.

(There was a typo in the original headline that read "a6300". The camera I am talking about here is the a6500. Sorry for any inconvenience)

It seems to be a mini-99II with the LSI and a lot a goodies and it takes adapted lenses.   :shock:

by Charlie Woodrich on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:48 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
I look forward to your observations.

3 posts |