All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Rocky Sharwell on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:31 pm
Rocky Sharwell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00054
My Metabones IV adapter is refusing to autofocus with any lenses-some which it previously worked well with.  The issue is the same when I switch bodies.  I cannot turn  auto focus on by the camera menu-When I try it says something to the effect of lens not attached properly for AF.  Ii can adjust F stop and take images in MF without issue.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Rocky Sharwell

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:38 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The first things to do would be to make sure all of the contacts are clean on the camera, both sides of the adapter, and the lens. Dump the battery out of the camera and then put it back in initiating a reboot of the camera. Since it's happening with both cameras though the adapter may have an issue.

by Rocky Sharwell on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:24 am
Rocky Sharwell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00054
E.J. Peiker wrote:The first things to do would be to make sure all of the contacts are clean on the camera, both sides of the adapter, and the lens.  Dump the battery out of the camera and then put it back in initiating a reboot of the camera.  Since it's happening with both cameras though the adapter may have an issue.

Will do this evening when I get home from work.  I have been meaning to get a second Metabones adapter for when I travel-as I rented one last year just in case.
Rocky Sharwell

3 posts |