Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 225 posts | 
by WJaekel on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
Impressive shot, Christian. I'm still struggling with the decision of purchasing the 7D face to the mixed reviews (see my comments above). Some testers state that the 7D ist VERY demanding for the lenses and that the use of converters generally is not advisable. Whenever you will come to a conclusion, I'm very intersted to know your experiences regarding the use of different lenses and in general the results and IQ - also in comparison to your other bodies. Since I recently sold the 1D MK3, there's also the option to wait for the 1 DMK4, though.

Regards

Wolfgang
http://www.wjaekel-foto.de

by fredcor on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:20 pm
fredcor
Lifetime Member
Member #:00186
Business is slow up here in Canada, my regular dealer will not give a money back or return policy. So I'm going to a store that will. But, how can one tell if a new 7D body has been returned by a previous dissatisfied customer; ie. by frame count, if one cannot put a card into the camera and take a few shots to get the last frame number.

Without shooting any frames, will inserting a CF card and formatting it provide the ooo-oooo number? If the number is not ooo's then the camera was used.
Frederick Lat Correa

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:08 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The last frame number is meaningless anyway since it can be reset to zeros easily by anyone - it's a menu option. You would have to look at the EXIF data assuming the camera embeds it in the data somewhere - all previous Canons have so it probably does too. I think you can tell if something has been repacked anyway.

by Scott Linstead on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:02 pm
Scott Linstead
Forum Contributor
c.w. moynihan wrote:7D moon shot from this morning.
http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/view ... 4&t=165897
I am looking forward to a better ACR version for these files. I have not tried Canon's DPP.
I have yet to test servo for BIF, ect so I have no opinion. So far I like this camera. I also like the idea of using my 600mm w/o a tc, when birding.
Hey, Christian.

Thanks for the image. Can you post a shot of this subject with a non-sky BG? :P

by Kin Lau on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:11 pm
Kin Lau
Forum Contributor
Lat Correa wrote:Business is slow up here in Canada, my regular dealer will not give a money back or return policy. So I'm going to a store that will. But, how can one tell if a new 7D body has been returned by a previous dissatisfied customer; ie. by frame count, if one cannot put a card into the camera and take a few shots to get the last frame number.
If the battery has anything other than a nominal charge, then it's used/open-box.

225 posts |