All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Brian Stirling on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
OK, so I'm interested in the D850 and although I did not preorder I have been looking around to see if anyone has any in stock.  Doing a Google search you get the usual suspect like B&H and Adorama etc and of course no one has any in stock, but one of the places, PowerSellerDigital ALWAYS says they have it in stock.  I wasn't born yesterday, no seriously I'll be 61 in a few weeks so I was definitely not born yesterday, so even knowing nothing about this outlet my BS detector is screaming and a Google search of this company brings up a number of BBB references that are none to complimentary.  But, many customers are not gong to check things or even permit there own skeptacism to give them pause.  Hopefully we don't have any suckers here...

Brian

by Mark Picard on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 am
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
Brian Stirling wrote:OK, so I'm interested in the D850 and although I did not preorder I have been looking around to see if anyone has any in stock.  Doing a Google search you get the usual suspect like B&H and Adorama etc and of course no one has any in stock, but one of the places, PowerSellerDigital ALWAYS says they have it in stock.  I wasn't born yesterday, no seriously I'll be 61 in a few weeks so I was definitely not born yesterday, so even knowing nothing about this outlet my BS detector is screaming and a Google search of this company brings up a number of BBB references that are none to complimentary.  But, many customers are not gong to check things or even permit there own skeptacism to give them pause.  Hopefully we don't have any suckers here...

Brian
I personally wouldn't take the chance Brian, especially if there was a potential return involved down the road. If it were a company like B&H, Adorama, etc., I have complete trust in them to handle any problems you might encounter. With that company (PowerSellerDigital), who knows what might happen. I know it's tough to wait until they're available again, but well worth it in my opinion. Besides, there might just be a firmware issue that could get resolved in the meantime! Are you a member of NPS? If you are, you have an edge over the general public in that you can get your copy well in advance of when the public can receive a copy. 
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by signgrap on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:03 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Always check www.resellerratings.com
Their rating was a 1 out of 5 lowest you can get, as they are scam artists.
Check the bottom review on the this page about the Nikon 850:
www.resellerratings.com/store/powersellerdigital
Dick Ludwig

by Brian Stirling on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:34 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
No, I was certainly NOT planning to buy from them and I did check the resellerratings site. Interestingly, they seem to be playing a shell game as far as where they are based -- currently there's a Florida address but earlier there was a Vermont address and others say it's a rebranded location out of Brooklyn NY. I wonder how Google fails to clamp down on this stuff and permits high ranking in the search list.

Brian

4 posts |