Arctic Lady Slipper (Cyprepidium calceolus)

Posted by Swissblad on Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
This time we were fortunate to arrive on time to view these beauties in full flower in their unique location just north of the arctic circle in Northern Norway.

Composite image generated from 4K video file using Helicon Focus, PS and NIK ColorEfex.

Nikon D5 with Tamron 90mm macro.

Thanks for the visit, have a relaxing (and not too sweltering Sunday).

Flickr file

Posted by:
Swissblad
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:28 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Beautiful image. Looks like a good trip Sinuhe. Nicely done.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:53 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I'm glad you timed it just right to get these lovely 'Pixie boots' Sinuhe!  What a treat.

The heat has been awful at times but thankfully today its blowing a gale which provides welcome relief.  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Tom Whelan on Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:29 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
Lovely image - looks just like the yellow ladyslipper I know in North America. The verdant location doesn't look the like what I'd expect for the Arctic Circle!
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by Swissblad on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:09 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Tom Whelan wrote:Lovely image - looks just like the yellow ladyslipper I know in North America. The verdant location doesn't look the like what I'd expect for the Arctic Circle!
Thank you all for your kind comments.

Tom - the vegetation in northern Scandinavia north of the Arctic Circle can in places be surprisingly lush - not the barren tundra we'd expect at all.

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:25 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Swissblad wrote:
Tom Whelan wrote:Lovely image - looks just like the yellow ladyslipper I know in North America. The verdant location doesn't look the like what I'd expect for the Arctic Circle!
Thank you all for your kind comments.

Tom - the vegetation in northern Scandinavia north of the Arctic Circle can in places be surprisingly lush - not the barren tundra we'd expect at all.
My thoughts too, Tom-thanks for the explanation.  It does look like what we see in New England. Beautiful shot!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by ChrisRoss on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:32 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
Very nice image and interesting to see using 4K video to produce a composite image, must be pleasing to have found them in prime condition.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by Swissblad on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:19 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
ChrisRoss wrote:Very nice image and interesting to see using 4K video to produce a composite image, must be pleasing to have found them in prime condition.
Thanks Chris - I frequently use video when conditions are less than ideal for "traditional" stacking - as with 30 or 60FPS - I can quickly acquire the necessary focus shifted images.
Helicon focus allot processing of video files without a hitch.

by ChrisRoss on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:40 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
Swissblad wrote:ChrisRossVery nice image and interesting to see using 4K video to produce a composite image, must be pleasing to have found them in prime condition.

Thanks Chris - I frequently use video when conditions are less than ideal for "traditional" stacking - as with 30 or 60FPS - I can quickly acquire the necessary focus shifted images.

Nice- I can get the same advantage with the OM-1 at maximum frames rates it complete a 30 frame stack in a very short period of time.  It's capable of 120 FPS, but it's not clear if it achieves that sort of rate when stacking.  In any case the stack is completed very quickly as long as the shutter speed does not get too slow.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by Swissblad on Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:30 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
ChrisRoss wrote:
Swissblad wrote:ChrisRossVery nice image and interesting to see using 4K video to produce a composite image, must be pleasing to have found them in prime condition.

Nice- I can get the same advantage with the OM-1 at maximum frames rates it complete a 30 frame stack in a very short period of time.  It's capable of 120 FPS, but it's not clear if it achieves that sort of rate when stacking.  In any case the stack is completed very quickly as long as the shutter speed does not get too slow.
The OM system has a lot going for it.... hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit!

10 posts |