Winter Berries and Maple

Posted by ADKShooter on Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Nikon D850, Nikon 105 F2.8 macro
ISO 400, 1/50s, F 16.0, Tripod

As has been previously mentioned by other contributors,  this Fall was not overly colorful here in the northeast US.  Instead of open landscapes I simply shot some closeups in the limited time I had to myself this Fall.  This image is of Winter Berries and a small maple leaf which was one of many that had fallen into this bush.

Please click for higher resolution.

Note: Due to ongoing obligations to my close elderly relatives I have not contributed to the site in about a month.  I have very much enjoyed many of the fine works presented during that time that I was able to see.  Looked like a great year for migrating warblers in the northeast !

Posted by:
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167

by Tom Whelan on Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:07 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
Beautiful color contrast from the winterberry and maple leaf with the foliage. Love the reds.
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by John Meade on Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:12 pm
John Meade
Forum Contributor
The leaf in the midst of the winter berries really gives this a fall feeling.

by david fletcher on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:06 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Such a strong combination with the reds on greens Warren. Good to see your images again and hoping all well.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Mary Brun on Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:46 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
A wonderful autumnal composition with bright and warm colors.
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by Carol Clarke on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:50 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I have always loved the rich combination of red and green in nature, Warren, and this is a fine example of why it works so well! I hope that being able to focus on the beauty of nature even for a few moments, gives you some comfort while you are so committed to the well being of your family members.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by ADKShooter on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:22 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
Carol Clarke wrote:I have always loved the rich combination of red and green in nature, Warren, and this is a fine example of why it works so well!  I hope that being able to focus on the beauty of nature even for a few moments, gives you some comfort while you are so committed to the well being of your family members.

Carol.
Thanks Carol. Between having a limited amount of time, and the fact the colors were rather dull this year overall, I guess it was a good year to not have many opportunities.  However, it's always great being out searching and exploring for the next good shot.

by Carol Clarke on Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:14 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
ADKShooter wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I have always loved the rich combination of red and green in nature, Warren, and this is a fine example of why it works so well!  I hope that being able to focus on the beauty of nature even for a few moments, gives you some comfort while you are so committed to the well being of your family members.

Carol.
Thanks Carol. Between having a limited amount of time, and the fact the colors were rather dull this year overall, I guess it was a good year to not have many opportunities.  However, it's always great being out searching and exploring for the next good shot.

Good!  You can enjoy the searching and we can enjoy the fruits of your labours, Warren. :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:05 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Love the matching colors and lovely composition. You made the most out of the rather disappointing foliage we had this year.
I hope all is going well with your family. Nice you can have a few moments for a something like this.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

9 posts |