Ruddy #2

Posted by Craig Lipski on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Ruddy Daggerwing
National Butterfly Center
Hidalgo Co, TX

Dorsal view of that same, super cooperative subject.

5DIV
100-400 4.5-5.6 II @400mm
f/5.6, 1/250, ISO 400
Hand held, natural light

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

Posted by:
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495

by Mary Brun on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:29 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Another super shot, as beautiful as the previous one, indeed perhaps a little more, the flower is a real extra note of merit.
I love too much the games of small areas in focus and out of focus of the leaves and the flower.
Incredibly homogeneous background that brings out the whole butterfly in perfect focus. Great!
Mary
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by Craig Lipski on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:58 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Mary Brun wrote:Another super shot, as beautiful as the previous one, indeed perhaps a little more, the flower is a real extra note of merit.
I love too much the games of small areas in focus and out of focus of the leaves and the flower.
Incredibly homogeneous background that brings out the whole butterfly in perfect focus. Great!
Mary
Thank you, Mary!  Not just for the compliments, but for the specifics; I grew a lot from responding to constructive critique here, but now people tend to want to throw a quick “good shot” out there and move on. Please keep it up!

by dianarebman on Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:28 pm
dianarebman
Forum Contributor
Lovely capture! Love the shallow depth of field. Feels like a well-balanced image.

by Tom Whelan on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
Looks great from the side, excellent composition with this perch and setting. I agree with Mary about the background OOF elements - lovely.
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by matty on Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:42 am
matty
Forum Contributor
Member #:01596
A great shot, subject never seen before... have you tried to shoot the 90° photo clockwise? :wink:
http://www.romolomigotti.it

by Craig Lipski on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:13 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
matty wrote:A great shot, subject never seen before... have you tried to shoot the 90° photo clockwise? :wink:
Ugh; looking back at this a few weeks later, and now I get what you meant (I’m kinda’ dense sometimes).  That thought had never crossed my mind, but now I’m perplexed as how to present this!

7 posts |