Anacamptis morio subsp. longicornu

Posted by Swissblad on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
One of the early flowering wild orchids in Sardinia and southern Italy.

Nikon D800 with Sigma 150mm Macro.
Image processed with PS CC 2018 and Nik Efex.

Thanks for the visit.

Posted by:
Swissblad
Forum Contributor

by Robert on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:03 am
Robert
Forum Contributor
I like this. The OOF but with form grasses behind the subject, I find to be supportive of your composition and pleasing to view. But the really OOF grasses to the right are distracting to my eye. This is an image I would be tempted to crop to a vertical to remove the right side of the frame for those reasons.

by Swissblad on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:23 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Robert wrote:I like this. The OOF but with form grasses behind the subject, I find to be supportive of your composition and pleasing to view. But the really OOF grasses to the right are distracting to my eye. This is an image I would be tempted to crop to a vertical to remove the right side of the frame for those reasons.
Thanks Robert, appreciate your input.
I actually took both vertical and horizontal views, as I was not too sure about background.
Will try the vertical version and see how it pans out.
Best, SB.

by Tom Whelan on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
The orchid looks beautiful in this composition, and the green foliage in the background behind the orchid is a lovely visual element.
The bright OOF vertical streak on the right hand side of the frame does pull the eye, and perhaps the dark foreground foliage in the right corner as well. In the field, you could bend those out of the frame.
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by Swissblad on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:52 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Tom Whelan wrote:The orchid looks beautiful in this composition, and the green foliage in the background behind the orchid is a lovely visual element.
The bright OOF vertical streak on the right hand side of the frame does pull the eye, and perhaps the dark foreground foliage in the right corner as well. In the field, you could bend those out of the frame.
Thanks for the input Tom - appreciated.

by Matthew Pugh on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:46 am
Matthew Pugh
Member #:00345
Hi

A nice little image of a great little plant - I would tend to agree with the remarks already posted, the lines of the right hand grass pull the eye because they are counter to the major areas. Personally I think the easier option would have been to get slightly closer in, hence retaining your comp, but eliminating the more distracting elements

Either way a pleasing image to view

All the best
Matthew

by Swissblad on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Matthew Pugh wrote:Hi

A nice little image of a great little plant - I would tend to agree with the remarks already posted, the lines of the right hand grass pull the eye because they are counter to the major areas. Personally I think the easier option would have been to get slightly closer in, hence retaining your comp, but eliminating the more distracting elements

Either way a pleasing image to view

All the best
Matthew
Thanks Matthew - appreciate your input.
I concur with the points raised and will edit accordingly.

7 posts |