Troubled Visions

Posted by Chris Kayler on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
"Troubled Visions"
After traveling pretty extensively this autumn, I managed to create this image right near my home at a local park. I just loved the perfect arrangement of leaves floating on the clear, dark water. Thanks for looking!
Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 70-200 f/4 @ 168mm. 1/15th second, f/32, ISO 1600. Tripod, Polarizer.

Posted by:
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor

by Tom Whelan on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:02 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
Lovely image, pretty colors and details. You probably didn't need to stop down that far...
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by Matthew Pugh on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:58 am
Matthew Pugh
Member #:00345
Hi

I like these image types and yes I like the composition - as mentioned I would expect a slightly better image quality from a more open aperture; but in fairness this would not always be apparent, it depends upon usage.

Personally I would present this shot as a vertical, I just feel the lines and leaf placements more suited to this format, but again that probably a me thingy lol

Overall - I like it and have enjoyed the view

All the best
Matthew

by Chris Kayler on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:31 pm
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the comments guys! As for f/32, there is a surprising amount of depth in this frame, and it's not shot perfectly straight down (standing on a log overlooking deep water). Additionally, I couldn't focus stack as the wind was constantly moving the leaves (hence ISO 1600). There is a method to my madness, believe it or not :)

4 posts |