All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by joseph motto on Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:52 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
I do not print much but I do run off a couple of 11x14 images on my very old (but up until now very serviceable) Epson Stylus Photo R1800 
every two weeks or so to minimize the likelihood of clogging. Now, however, I seem to have hit a roadblock. My print pattern on testing showed an absence of Photo Black and my image looks totally washed out (see attachments). I ran through multiple cleanings and replaced the Photo Black with a new cartridge but no go. I swabbed the head with alcohol also. Unless someone here has a fix for me I will probably junk it. In that scenario does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced equivalent printer that will handle up to 13x19 sheets (I generally use Epson semigloss). All assistance appreciated.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by TomWalker on Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:22 am
TomWalker
Forum Contributor
I think, based on my own experience, your printer is ready for the scrap heap, maybe overdue. I had the same issues, also with a 2200 that someone gave me. The Epson repair place in our state laughed when I asked if they would work on it. Good luck.

by joseph motto on Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:37 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Thanks, Tom. I was in agreement with you but read somewhere yesterday that before you give up try one more shot a day after doing all the cleaning. When I ran a test pattern I began to see lines in the photo black section. Two more cleanings and I am back in business. I ran five more 11x14 prints to hopefully train the old R1800 to behave. I generally do a couple of prints every two weeks so we will see what happens then. At least I didn't have to throw out a bunch of ink cartridges and a full pack of 13x19 semi-gloss paper.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

3 posts |