All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by joseph motto on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:57 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Have a new computer, moved up from Windows 7 to 10, found that my printer options were not what they had been but downloading the new driver solved that, and I thought I was in business. Wrong. The first print was heavy into purples and magentas and nothing resembling the screen image (see below). I am using a BenQ SW 2700 monitor which was recently calibrated and an old but still effective Epson Stylus Photo R1800 printer. Where do I start in getting the prints to resemble the screen image?
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by sraja on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:40 am
sraja
Forum Contributor
Which software are you printing from .

If it is Lightroom, I would look at the following, this is my work flow :

1. In the Develop Module, Did you soft proof using the correct paper profile for the printer. ( Step 1 )
2. In the Print module, did you set up the same paper/printer profile. Usually this where I make the mistake. I forget to change this and get the colors off..
Also in the Printer options you will need to turn off the Automatic Color Management.

by joseph motto on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:45 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Must have been one of those brain farts I have heard about. With a bit more thinking I elected to check my printer heads and plugging was the problem. Should have been the first thing I thought of but it wasn't.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by signgrap on Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:01 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Joseph, a good practice, if the printer is used infrequently, is to do a nozzle check every time you print unless you've printed it recently.
Dick Ludwig

4 posts |