Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by mstolting on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:23 pm
mstolting
Forum Contributor
If a moderator would be kind enough to delete this post that would be just fine with me. I figured out how to get the zipped file unpacked and the profile installed.

Mike

My aged brain and lack of memory for many things I might have been able to figure out years ago prompt me to post my dilemma on this forum where I'm certain there will be those who can point me in the right direction.

My main computer is an HP desktop running Windows 10. I have lots of storage capacity (over 20 TB in both internal and external drives) and enough RAM (32GB) to get most of my work done efficiently. My printer is an Epson SureColor P-800. I've been very happy with both pieces I've listed - the printer being the newest - and I'm posting this because I believe I've just forgotten to do some very basic, simple step in opening the downloaded file.

I wanted to print a sample sheet I received from Red River of their 66# pearl metallic paper. I am just curious as to how it will look using pigment inks such as the ones I have in my printer. I downloaded that profile. I went to my downloads and double clicked it. Nothing happened. No zip file appeared .. nothing, nada. So, of course I right clicked it and then clicked "open". Again, nothing.

What have I missed? What have I foolishly left out of my attempt to open the file?

Any help appreciated.

Mike
"Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on, le malheur est qu'il tue ses élèves."
Berlioz

1 post |