All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by James W. Milligan on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 am
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
I have a few images from my Alaska trip with predominantly green light. I have tried to print the image and it will not print any of the color. The print is black with a hint of blue along the horizon. I have adjusted for the gamut issues and I am using an icc profile for the paper. Any suggestions? 

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:20 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Are you sure you don't have any clogged heads. If your screen is calibrated (I would not calibrate it brighter than 100 cd/m^2 for printing, especially dark images) and you have the correct profile for paper, printer, and inkset, it should print the color. You didn't say what software you are printing the image from. If your profiles, inks, heads are OK and if you are from Photoshop, make sure you softproof with your paper profile first and make any adjustments necessary so that it look right on screen using the paper profile and then print it. Also, before you print it go into Levels and set the bottom most slider (Output Levels) in Levels to about 20

by James W. Milligan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:55 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
E.J.,thanks for the input. I did follow all of the items you outlined and I was using photoshop cc. I will revisit the issue and make sure the paper profiles are correct. The levels adjustment was a nice tip.
Thanks
Jim

3 posts |