Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by jeffreylarmstrong@yahoo.com on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 pm
jeffreylarmstrong@yahoo.com
Forum Contributor
Want to do a book of my photography. Any suggestions for some one that does good work at  reasonable cost. Thx Jeff A.

by chuckkl on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:41 am
chuckkl
Forum Contributor
I have been using Blurb, since 2010. I have printed 31 books so far....super company !

Blurb.com

Good luck !

Chuck

www.pbase.com/hootpix

by whitehead on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:10 pm
whitehead
Forum Contributor
I just spent a lot of time looking into this as well and Blurb offered the best overall (I was reviewing customer feedback posts and comments on the web) satisfaction from users - some others were up there on "quality" reviews but exceeded my price limit (150 USD for 200 pages color on "photo" paper). Adorama were my actual first choice and I was going to order a sample from them but the do not ship internationally.

I quickly put together a test on Lightroom of a few photographs (minimum order size 20 pages) and ordered a sample to check the quality. I was most pleased with the overall quality and so I ordered a 20 page sample through Lightroom - color profiles were good but the usual problem of prints being about .8 stops underexposed because they were profiled on an iMac backlit screen. I am now putting together the book using their bookright software.

It suits me as I only plan a very small print run (5) but the costs are really high compared to a "real" publisher. They do offer smaller sizes and ways to reduce costs but it takes away from what I wanted to produce (a coffee table book). If you use them make sure to search the web for a coupon - I found one for 40% off in July for my sample. I am putting together the final version on their bookwright software and scanning for coupons ;+)

3 posts |