All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by James W. Milligan on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:05 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
I am trying to print some greeting cards using Red River cards. They provide a template for both LR and PS. I have followed their simple directions but I can't seem to make it work. I seems to work well in LR .However, I can't add text to the back of the card using LR. In PS they have you open the template then click the active button ,next you open the image and you are instructed to drag it on to the template. However ,the template is hidden. I assume I am doing something wrong with the layers since only the BG layer is visible.

by Alan Melle on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:47 pm
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
You don’t need a template. Here are the steps I use for a 4x6 card on 7x10 Red River card stock for a folded 5x7 horizontal card.
1. Process and size your image for 4x6 or whatever size you want.
2. Change the canvas size to 5x7 with image centered, white background.
3. Change the canvas size again to 10x7 with the image at the bottom, white background again.
4. You can now place the text wherever you want on the added canvas which will the back of the card when folded.
Modify the process slightly if you are printing a vertical image. Very simple and no template required.
Alan Melle
NSN0041

by djredman on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:20 am
djredman
Lifetime Member
Member #:00616
In Photoshop. Open the template, now open the image. On the image, Select-All then under Edit, Copy. Go back to the template, turn off the instructions, (turn the eyeball off on the top layer) Under the Edit press Paste, than Ctl T (PC)(Transform)  and fit your image into the space. Same for text on the back, just make sure you rotate 180 degree or it will be upside down.

Dave Redman

by James W. Milligan on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:28 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
Thanks Alan and Dave your help. Red River needs to review their instructions for using the templates.

4 posts |