All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Charlie Woodrich on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:31 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
Hello!

I just starting using a new desktop and I'm going from Win 7 to Win 10.  The printer is an Epson R1900 and the color calibration is handled by a NEC monitor with the Spectreview  software.  I've installed an updated printer driver and the appropriate ICC paper profiles.  I've verified the PS preferences are correct.  The first few prints have a heavy magenta caste, and I don't where to look next. Any suggestions?

Charlie

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:19 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Have you done a nozzle check and head clean, you may have a clogged nozzle. If that's not the issue then I would recalibrate making sure of proper puck placement with no gap to the surface of the monitor

by signgrap on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:30 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Do a nozzle check and look at the pattern of each color carefully with a magnifying glass to make sure that each color has no magenta in the printed lines. If parts of the pattern show magenta lines (in a non-magenta color) it means there is a leak in the print head. If the print head is toast then it's time to look at a new printer. The same thing happened to me, I had a Epson 4800 and I bought a Epson P800 in Dec. as a replacement, as fixing the 4800 was to costly for an old printer.
Dick Ludwig

by Charlie Woodrich on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:43 am
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
Thanks Guys!   Mystery solved.  Initially I used windows to check to see if the latest driver had been installed and it confirmed the driver (V4.0) was up to date. After the nozzle check was clean I then went to the Epson website; downloaded the most current driver V6.62, not V4 and all works well now. I guess the moral of the story is if you want to make sure you have the latest drivers don't let windows do the checking for you.

4 posts |