Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by hcarl on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:14 pm
hcarl
Forum Contributor
I am looking for recomendatoins for printing papers in the Luster type paper.  hcarl

by signgrap on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:29 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Currently I'm using Breathing Color Vibrance Luster as my luster paper which I use to do most of my test printing.
It is by far the "best buy" in luster papers (as it is for any of the BC papers for that matter).
I've used Epson which might be a slight bit better quality (very slightly better gamut) but not worth the additional cost e.g. 8-1/2" x 11" paper 24.99 vs 15.99 for BC at Adorama. Quality will depend a lot on the printer you use and the quality of the printing profiles supplied by the printer manufacturer. I'm using an Epson SureColor P800 which I recently got when my Epson 4800 died. Still fine tuning my printing technique as the P800 requires a bit more custom image adjustment than the 4800 images required. The lusters from the the Fine Art paper brands may be better but the little testing I've done in this area has not supported that conclusion if you factor in their much higher cost (than Epson Luster). If you're buying a Fine Art paper that's a different story as the quality of the better brands is evident in the final print but when it comes to a luster you can't see a significant difference between most of the papers I've used.
Dick Ludwig

by hcarl on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:01 am
hcarl
Forum Contributor
signgrap wrote:Currently I'm using Breathing Color Vibrance Luster as my luster paper which I use to do most of my test printing.
It is by far the "best buy" in luster papers (as it is for any of the BC papers for that matter).
I've used Epson which might be a slight bit better quality (very slightly better gamut) but not worth the additional cost e.g. 8-1/2" x 11" paper 24.99 vs 15.99 for BC at Adorama. Quality will depend a lot on the printer you use and the quality of the printing profiles supplied by the printer manufacturer. I'm using an Epson SureColor P800 which I recently got when my Epson 4800 died. Still fine tuning my printing technique as the P800 requires a bit more custom image adjustment than the 4800 images required. The lusters from the the Fine Art paper brands may be better but the little testing I've done in this area has not supported that conclusion if you factor in their much higher cost (than Epson Luster). If you're buying a Fine Art paper that's a different story as the quality of the better brands is evident in the final print but when it comes to a luster you can't see a significant difference between most of the papers I've used.
Thanks Dick for the reply.  I will try and round up some of theBCVL paper and give it a try.  hcarl

by bradmangas on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:37 pm
bradmangas
Forum Contributor
Breathing Color not only has some of the finest papers available they are a great company to work with. They will help you with any question you may have.

4 posts |