« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by calvin1calvin on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:28 pm
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
I have downloaded the Book Wright software and want to create a book with text and photos from my Ireland trip.  The instructions on how to do this are vague on the Book Wright website.  I have converted the text to rich text format as stated but cannot get it to download on the pages.  Dragging and dropping the photos is not a problem.  Must be me who is having a hard time trying to work out the kinks.  I have read the FAQ pages, looked at the tutorials but still have not found a good answer.  Thought I would post the question here to see if anyone has put together this type of book.  All help is appreciated.  Thanks

by Primus on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:38 am
Primus
Lifetime Member
Member #:02003
I've not used Book Wright so this may not help.

I've made two books so far, one with iPhoto/Apple and the other with Adoramapix. The former was much easier, the latter much harder, again because the instructions were vague. The Apple book was a simpler project and less expensive. The Adoramapix book was much more ambitious and the final product is stunningly beautiful though quite expensive. During my research into this I looked at the services from Blurb, Shutterfly and My Publisher. The interface was even more rudimentary and left me with few options for flexibility. In the end I picked Adoramapix because it allowed me to frame/caption the images and arrange the layout as I wanted to and because of the reviews about the final product.

Probably the best option for creating a photo-book is to learn InDesign and to it that way but unless you are going to be doing this a lot, it can be a much longer road. Most of the major printing services allow an InDesign project to be uploaded to their servers.

Pradeep

by calvin1calvin on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:23 pm
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
Thanks for the advice. I am looking to do a book with text and photos for family and friends to document our vacations and my photography. May do some picture books occasionally.

by Primus on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:37 am
Primus
Lifetime Member
Member #:02003
calvin1calvin wrote:Thanks for the advice.  I am looking to do a book with text and photos for family and friends to document our vacations and my photography.  May do some picture books occasionally.

Exactly what I've done, but only to document some of my wildlife trips - photos with captions and a lot of text here and there by way of description. Aperture does a very good job, have not tried Lightroom for this. You then simply upload the book to Apple or another print service.

Pradeep

4 posts |