All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Bob Ettinger on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Member #:00148
This printer is 3 years old and has just started dropping globs of black ink all over the print. Other than the excess ink, the print is fine.  It also constantly stops printing to readjust itself or something which is probably causing the excess ink but that is just my guess.  Research on the Internet points to a bad print head. I have tried cleaning the print head and that does not fix anything.  The manual is no help.  I am trying to find out if it is really the print head and if so what it costs to replace one. The Service Centers listed on the Epson site either don't still service Epson or want me to drop it off for a week to check it out. They will not even tell what it costs if it were the print head.  Also I can't find out if it is the print head is that a user replaceable part or does the Service Center have to do it.

I am trying to determine if it is worth fixing or not

Thanks

Bob
Bob Ettinger

by Alan Melle on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:49 pm
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
I doubt it's the print head. When this same thing happened with my 3880 it was the ink system, not the print head. Replacing the ink system cost about $350 a year or so ago.Good luck.
Alan Melle
NSN0041

by Bob Ettinger on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:17 am
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Alan,

You are correct. According to Epson is is a nozzle malfunction

Thanks for the info

Bob
Bob Ettinger

by ahazeghi on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:57 am
ahazeghi
Forum Contributor
Not worth fixing.

I have an R3000 printer too which hasn't been used much but it's now a paperweight. the darn things starts by making lots of noises and movements but it usually hangs up half way through the print wasting a bunch of ink and a paper. Sometimes the colors are just off for no reason or there are streaks on the image. It takes a day to get the right print out of it. I have a workforce Epson all-in-one and that's also a piece of junk like this so called "pro" model. Once the ink cartridges dry I am going to trash both of these pieces of cr@p and never buy a single Epson product again. The most frustrating piece of equipment I have owned. I am going to either get a Canon printer or just print online.

by Bob Ettinger on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:56 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
ahazeghi,,

Thanks for that information. I already trashed it

Bob
Bob Ettinger

5 posts |