« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Garry Gibson on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:15 pm
Garry Gibson
Forum Contributor
For the past several years my wife and I have been ordering from Adorama, metallic print photo greeting cards
5x7 which we gave to friends for Christmas presents. I took 8 photos of my trips of the past year and made
them up in sets.

They printed the photos on the metallic paper and attached them to a really nice card which was folded, when
you opened the card it had a brief description and location of the photograph. They were shipped with envelopes.

I talked to Adorama this morning and they are no longer offering this option.

I just wondered if any of you have a source that I might go to as an alternative. I really appreciate you help
with this.

Garry

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:03 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
You may not be interested in going this route, but these are nice card blanks that are like a matted print when finished. You provide the print and a minor amount of labor. I don't remember if you can print on the cards, but I use clear Avery address labels printed with my info on the back. You can get metallic paper for inkjet printers for the photos. It may be more labor than you want to commit, but they are nice.

http://www.photographersedge.com/Big-Ca ... ducts/361/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by aolander on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:33 pm
aolander
Forum Contributor
Clearbags has several sizes of "frame cards" in which you place your own print. They're similar to the "Photographer's Edge" cards. I'm sure you could print on the back with most any printer.

http://www.clearbags.com/stationery/frame-cards
Alan Olander
Minnesota

by Mike in O on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:51 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Red River has nice sets and if you don't print your own, I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

by DMcLarty on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm
DMcLarty
Lifetime Member
Member #:00155
Mike in O wrote:Red River has nice sets and if you don't print your own, I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

this is what we use and have used for the past many years. Red River has a glossy finish and matte finish blank card stock and envelopes.

We print our own line of cards box them in sets and sell them yearly a our craft sales.

We create/edit  the images in Photoshop then save as a Jpg.  Then use Word to setup the cards - create a template the size you have and then insert a text box to  one side of the card template to allow you to insert a image and control the size layout.  for the next image just insert the new image into the text box and save as card 2 etc.  

We print using an Epson R 2000 printer.

we box them in clear boxes and or clear bag plastic sleeves.

The McLarty's :)
Lethbridge Alberta    
Rankin Inlet Nunavut Canada
In the Heart of the Canadian Arctic
Twitter @DadRankin

by Garry Gibson on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:52 pm
Garry Gibson
Forum Contributor
Thanks much for everyone's quick response. I have talked to all the websites and now
just have to make decision.

Again I really appreciate the info.

Garry

by Garry Gibson on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:08 am
Garry Gibson
Forum Contributor
I ended up going with Cards Direct (cardsdirect.com)

The customer service is amazing. They had some sort of error in their upload and it
changed the colors in the cards. They had me resend the photo files, sent me a proof and FedExed
next day the new cards at no charge.

I got follow up emails from the print manager to make sure the order was good. I will definitely
use them again.

Garry

7 posts |