Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Mark Picard on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:44 pm
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
I kinda' have my Epson 9900 set up to print canvas only (convenience only, time and ink saver too.) , while I have my 4880 set up to print on paper.  Lately every time I turn the 9900 on for the day to start printing I have to re-set the platen gap from "standard" to "widest/canvas" which just irritates the hell out of me because I seem to remember not having to do that before. I seem to remember it to be "sticky". The only thing that's different is I did get a new computer, but re-installed everything over without any other problems. Yeah, I know it's a minor nit, but, like I said, it's irritating! Thanks for any suggestions.  
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by pleverington on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:28 am
pleverington
Forum Contributor
Did you try and go to your start button and redo the settings under devices and printers? Seems to me, if I remember right, that then becomes default. But resetting to a new setting when printing a picture will only stay that way if when you close out the image and when asked if you want to save changes you hit the yes button. If you have printed a picture before not using widest setting and saved, that's what will come up again when you print at a later date. But try changing the default settings under devices and printers>adjust print options first.
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"

by Wayne Fox on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:47 am
Wayne Fox
Forum Contributor
Platen gap is set by the media choice. It is only sticky if you save a custom choice. It is also saved and set by a lightroom preset as long as the llightroom preset does not use a custom printer preset which should always be left to default for lightroom presets.

3 posts |