Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by ahazeghi on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:49 pm
ahazeghi
Forum Contributor
I need to make a number of large prints for a museum exhibit. They need to be museum quality. Has anyone had experience with Aspen Photo Creek print shop? Are they good?

Thanks

by James McIntyre on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:28 pm
James McIntyre
Lifetime Member
Member #:00068
ahazeghi wrote:I need to make a number of large prints for a museum exhibit. They need to be museum quality. Has anyone had experience with Aspen Photo Creek print shop? Are they good?

Thanks
Arash:

You may wish to consult the recent NSN thread on canvas gallery wraps for ideas:
http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=242670
Evaluate the frivolous comments from NSN administration and others for what you deem they are worth.

Regards,
JM

Last edited by James McIntyre on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by ahazeghi on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:35 am
ahazeghi
Forum Contributor
Thanks James but your link is broken

by Kerry on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:35 am
Kerry
Forum Contributor
Here's the corrected link:

http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/view ... 4&t=242670

by Steven Major on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:41 am
Steven Major
Forum Contributor
I suggest you find a lab that will match a print you send them (and return with your enlargement) or, that will send you full size test strips for your approval that you will sign, return to the lab, and that will be returned to you with your enlargement. Their is no good reason (indeed many bad ones) to allow anyone else to decide the appearance of your work. I think this is even more true in your case because of what you intend to do with them, and because I have been to your web site and see that many of your bird images are truly spectacular.
Peace be with you.

by James McIntyre on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:39 pm
James McIntyre
Lifetime Member
ahazeghi wrote:Thanks James but your link is broken
Sorry, I forgot I still haven't fixed that bug  I think it's a cache problem on my computer.

Thanks, Kerry for posting the correct link,

Arash, I'll PM the names of the master printers who recommended Picture Element in Santa Clara separately.

JM

by pleverington on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:12 pm
pleverington
Forum Contributor
ahazeghi wrote:I need to make a number of large prints for a museum exhibit. They need to be museum quality. Has anyone had experience with Aspen Photo Creek print shop? Are they good?

Thanks
Arash none will be able to do your prints maybe as good as you could do. You are technically an extremely capable man...why are you leaving printing up to someone else?  Printing would be child's play for you. Unless you are looking for 60 inch prints why don't you just purchase a printer on par with what all print shops use and run with it??  I understand your question, but I guess I'm asking why you even ask it? You could do a better job than any print shop IMO is what I am saying...

Paul
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"

by ahazeghi on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:08 pm
ahazeghi
Forum Contributor
Thanks everyone. I will compare proofs from the shops that were recommended.

the prints are very large so I cannot print at home

thanks again

by lacy on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:24 pm
lacy
Forum Contributor
Arash, Look into West Coast Imaging the parent company of Aspen Creek, they offer a museum quality service that allows you to view smaller hard copies for you to review and offer input  until you are satisfied with the print. I have seen several museum exhibitions they have printed that were excellent.
Don Lacy

by James McIntyre on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:33 pm
James McIntyre
Lifetime Member
lacy wrote:Arash, Look into West Coast Imaging the parent company of Aspen Creek, they offer a museum quality service that allows you to view smaller hard copies for you to review and offer input  until you are satisfied with the print. I have seen several museum exhibitions they have printed that were excellent.
West Coast Imaging is a very good suggestion.  I think both Charlie Cramer and Bill Atkinson have taught there.

One deciding factor may be the closeness of the service bureau to San Francisco in the event you need to evaluate test prints in person.  Picture Element in Santa Clara is less than an hour's drive away.  Yosemite NP is considerably farther.

JM

10 posts |