Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by kculton on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:39 pm
kculton
Forum Contributor
I will be working on a large printing job soon and need to order quite a bit of ink for Epson 3800, B & H and Atlex are the same price, which one do you think will supply with the longest expiration date. Don't want it to expire too quickly.
Thanks

by jgunning on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:46 pm
jgunning
Forum Contributor
How long will this printing job take to do? If it will take so long that ink expiration with new cartridges is an issue, I'd like to hear the details. :<}

Other than asking them to hand pick the latest cartridges, I don't know how you would arrange for that. Both suppliers sell a lot of ink. I doubt they have any old stuff in stock. I have bought from both, and never got any carts that were even remotely close to expiration.

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:48 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I get all my 3800 ink form Lexjet and have never gotten a cartridge within even 18 months of expiration and they have simply phenomenal customer service. if you get a cartridge you are uncomfortable with, you'll have a new one the next day.

by bartley123 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:54 pm
bartley123
Forum Contributor
Just bought 3 this week, dates were 3/16, 6/16, and 10/16. These were from IT Supplies. Keep in mind the ink is good for a lot longer than those dates. I think you'd have the same results from almost any first tier provider.
Don Cooper
Western Mass.
http://www.doncooper.photos

by signex on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm
signex
Forum Contributor
Just bought a Epson 3800 without any cartridges, Wondering if anyone might have some original empty cartidges they would be willing to sell?

thanks mark

5 posts |