All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 25 posts | 
by Royce Howland on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:07 am
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
One of the screenshots and the discussion above does show that the Epson printer driver has had its color management disabled. Double-profiling was my early thought as well, but it appears not to be the case here.

I am still wondering if there's a chance the paper is being printed on the wrong side... Joseph, you might explicitly double-check that issue in addition to the other stuff about color management settings, ICC profile choice, etc.
Royce Howland

by joseph motto on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:17 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Using the current settings I finally came out with a print that is not dark and matches up well with my soft-proofed screen image. I need to do a few more prints to see if my darkness problem is truly resolved. Many thanks to all who have weighed in with your helpful recommendations.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Joe, what turned out to resolve the problem?

by joseph motto on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
E.J., I am not certain. I can't recall if I had used the semi-gloss paper profile earlier or not; I might have left it on Stylus Photo R1800 instead of the actual paper profile and switching that might have settled it. I did other things, however, including cleaning the heads, agitating the cartridges, replacing the blue ink cartridge that read out as faulty, but photos were still dark until I plugged the semigloss paper into that profile setting. I still need to print a few more images to be sure it is settled.
Royce, I did ascertain that the print papers were not reversed although it printed dark on plain paper,semigloss 8x10, semigloss 13x19, and glossy 4x6 paper until now.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by joseph motto on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Let's say they are better than they were but dark areas remain darker than I want them. I have a nice image of a yellow-headed blackbird against a bright yellow-green background and everything printed out very nicely, both the bird and the background. On the other hand I have an olive drab B-24 taking off into a bright blue sky; the sky looks fine but the plane is simply too dark. I'll keep plugging along and hopefully it will improve further.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

25 posts |