Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Jackie Schuknecht on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 am
Jackie Schuknecht
Forum Contributor
I will be taking shots at a New Year's Eve party, 300 plus people, and I am looking for a portable, reasonably priced printer (pigment preferred) to print 5 x 7 colour prints on site. Not sure if this is possible. Also one where you could just insert the card and do simple editing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Visit my website at www.jackieschuknecht.com

by DMcLarty on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:04 pm
DMcLarty
Lifetime Member
Member #:00155
I have done similar for events and groups, sports teams ect but not on demand and for sure not free :wink: :wink:
A smaller laptop and a Canon or Epson printer would work for on site printing. Use the laptop to run Light room for a quick sizing/white balance /sharpening and then push to the printer.

If the photos are just for fun and candid you might look at using an Ipad and use apple airprint to direct print from the Ipad to the printer Epson/Canon printers now have this feature on some models. (you will need a wireless router for this)

I would not actually commit to this for the on demand printing at site… the math just doesn’t work …to take 300 plus photo even if you have a setup that people stream through like a cruise ship boarding this can be upwards to 3-4 hours of just camera work…300 folks at 30-45 seconds each “hi-stop-pose-smile-ok” remember the folks are in party mode not photo mode it is News Years eve … then 300 pictures at 1-2 minutes per pic is aprox 6-8+ hours of printing....That kinda takes away from any fun on News Year eve :)

An alternate would be to take the pictures and offer a “log in/self printing” web site (similar to your family link on your website now) for those that want the party picture. One must/should add a disclaimer to the website “Use of pictures is solely for personal use only. Any misuse/ display of/ posting of pictures to social applications other than ones of your person and in any way derogatory could warrant legal action. No claims for miss use to the photographer for damages will be accepted.”

Have fun at any rate
Doug
The McLarty's :)
Lethbridge Alberta    
Rankin Inlet Nunavut Canada
In the Heart of the Canadian Arctic
Twitter @DadRankin

by Jackie Schuknecht on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:58 pm
Jackie Schuknecht
Forum Contributor
Thanks for your response, I think downloading the pics from my website is the way to go. I appreciate your input!

by nash30 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:12 am
nash30
Forum Contributor
Canon Selphy CP790 Photo Printer for me..since i am on a budget when i bought it before, bought it for $150 and it is really worth the price because of it gives me superb printed photo quality. I really appreciate its bluetooth and battery options. though if you want to have more fun in editing i highly recommend Polaroid PoGo.
someday you will find me,caught beneath the landslide......
[url=http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/][size=50]http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/[/size][/url]

by Jackie Schuknecht on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 pm
Jackie Schuknecht
Forum Contributor
Picked up a Canon Selphy 800. Will try it out for Christmas. It was only $40, dye sub,clear coats the prints, AC. Paper costs $39/100 sheets 4 x 6. I think this will just be a family event printer and just for fun. Thanks Nash.

5 posts |