Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by ebkw on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:21 am
ebkw
Forum Contributor
I really am having a frustrating time figuring out this new method of cropping in CS6.

The worst part is that I set the crop to the size I want, double click for it to crop, check the image size and it is always a few fractions less than I asked for.

When I ask for 12 x 18, that is what I want not 11.899 x 17.789, or some such number. What the heck!!!!!

How do I get it to crop exactly the the size I ask for?
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
If you want the crop tool to behave more like it did in previous versions of photoshop. click on the little gear wheel at the top of the screen and then click on Classic Mode

by ebkw on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 am
ebkw
Forum Contributor
The operative words are "more like". Classic mode doesn't act like the old crop tool. When I put dimensions into the boxes and crop it does not crop to the size I asked for. I then have to go into Image Size and change the size. Cropping used to take one step now it takes more. What a pain!

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:14 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
You can set up a custom crop very easily. Click on the box that says unconstrained and then define your crop. PS will remember it for future use and you can select it or any other that you define any time i the future. The old version in CS5 and earlier only allowed you to do whatever you did last. If you wanted a new crop you had to redefine it.

by Jackie Schuknecht on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:19 am
Jackie Schuknecht
Forum Contributor
Hi Eleanor,
In the drop down menu of the crop tool near the bottom there is a box that says size and resolution. I put in my dimensions and sometimes leave the resolution blank/ or sometimes fill it in, depends on the picture. It has been working well for me. You can also save it as a preset, so you don't have to enter the numbers every time.
Visit my website at www.jackieschuknecht.com

by ebkw on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:35 am
ebkw
Forum Contributor
Jackie, I think saving it as a preset might help. Too bad, it used to be so easy! Fill in the box on top and go!

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
ebkw wrote:Jackie, I think saving it as a preset might help. Too bad, it used to be so easy! Fill in the box on top and go!
This way you only have to fill it in once and if you want that again in the future, it will be there in the dropdown :)

by Jackie Schuknecht on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm
Jackie Schuknecht
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
ebkw wrote:Jackie, I think saving it as a preset might help. Too bad, it used to be so easy! Fill in the box on top and go!
This way you only have to fill it in once and if you want that again in the future, it will be there in the dropdown :)
It's all about saving time EJ :D
Visit my website at www.jackieschuknecht.com

8 posts |