Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by daveeli on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:41 pm
daveeli
Forum Contributor
I have been trying to get some printing done on my 3880. The quality of the prints I am getting in wonderful. What is not wonderful is the line on ink droplets which keep showing up on the right side of the image about an inch from the edge. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and what I can do to stop it? Dave

by redriverpaper on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:09 pm
redriverpaper
Forum Contributor
Sounds like the platen gap should be increased. Set it on Wider and the ink spots should go away.

Info on the topic is here:
www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips ... tment.html

If you're still having problem take a look at your paper. If it is curling up on the edges, give it a stiff curl in the opposite direction right before printing. Keeping those edges down and away from the print head is key.

by nash30 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:08 am
nash30
Forum Contributor
Hi daveeli, I do not know if we have the same problem but mine is the black vertical lines on my prints from my 3880. It turned out that I have two clogged nozzle jets but i was really confuse since it should have been lines across the print and not down it.. I print with the best photo option and it solves my problem.. I have read from other resources that problems like this can be due to excessive ink on the pads. Where the print head rests together with curl in the paper.
someday you will find me,caught beneath the landslide......
[url=http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/][size=50]http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/[/size][/url]

by SteveVio on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm
SteveVio
Forum Contributor
Daveeli,
I had the very same problems - widening the platen gap helps the problem. However, the cause is a build up on the heads or the wiper bar has become dry or something and not wiping properly. I did 4-5 power nozzle cleans on my 3880 and was able to stop this very same problem. I was able to move my gap back to the normal position

The process does use some ink, but it cleans the system out and gets it running like it needs to be - good luck and clean printing!!!

Steve

4 posts |