Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by jim daniel on Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 pm
jim daniel
Forum Contributor
Hello---I would like to draw on the experience of those of you who are more up to date than I am on a source for the best quality coffee table book printing. I've used MPix in the past and frankly even though they are a good company to deal with, I wasn't really pleased with the quality of the book overall. I recently did a two week project in Charleston South Carolina and I've some really awesome stuff. I'm wanting to donate a book to the very generous family who provided their "second" home without charge. We lived in a house built in 1870 and located one half block from the Battery. I grew up "South of Broad"---Conroy--so I knew the area and roamed the streets continually shooting for the full two weeks. Actually I lied. We did take time off to eat seafood in every great eating establishment we could get recommended.
Please give me your opinions on where you've found the best combination of quality, price and service. I will greatly appreciate your help.
Best,
Jim Daniel

by E.J. Peiker on Thu May 31, 2012 4:26 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I felt the books I've done through Blurb (using most of their premium options such as binding, heavier paper, etc) have far exceeded the books I've printed through Mpix. And their software is very good too.

by Les Voorhis on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:40 am
Les Voorhis
Forum Contributor
Member #:01066
Of the books I have done Blurb is probably the best affordable option. And their new printers and sizes are better than what i was getting before too. However, the book I got from Asukabook was killer but WAY more expensive than any of the other options. I would overall give a vote for Blurb.
Les Voorhis
Focus West Gallery, Framing and Gifts
http://www.focuswestgallery.com
http://www.outdoorphotoworkshops.com

by jim daniel on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:59 pm
jim daniel
Forum Contributor
Super guys
I'm using LR4 mainly and Blurb will be what I do the pilot one on. Thanks so much
Jim

by Kari Post on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am
Kari Post
Forum Contributor
Member #:00959
I had Blurb books published in late 2009 (just in time for Christmas) and was satisfied with the result. The quality was not top of the line excellent, but at least very good, and newer books I've seen published from them look awesome. I would give them a go.
Kari Post, former NSN Editor 2009-2013
Check out my Website and Instagram

5 posts |