Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Jamie Strickland on Sat May 19, 2012 5:33 am
Jamie Strickland
Forum Contributor
I purchased a 3880 during xmas and since day one it has misaligned every single picture I have printer and now its really starting to annoy me. I just printed a 17x 25 picture and the borders were set to .12 and it started with that but by around 20" one edge is borderless and by the very end the other side has nearly a 3/4" space !

I have tried different types of paper, printing from PS & LR and its the same results every time, even on a letter size photo it screws it up

my main issue is I purchased the printer in the US and now I am in France so I don't know if the warranty works here or not. Before someone asks yes the problem existed before I moved its been like this since the day it came out of the box ;)

anyone else have this problem and know of a fix?

by E.J. Peiker on Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
This needs to be looked at by Epson and fixed. They are fairly reasonable with their warranty policies on their professional series of printers which this is.

by James McIntyre on Mon May 21, 2012 1:46 pm
James McIntyre
Lifetime Member
Member #:00068
It sounds as if the rollers may not be pulling the paper into your printer evenly. Does the problem occur in all 3 feed positions? Is the paper skewed differently when loading from the front?

I've had the best success when feeding large sheets from the top position on my 3800, loading one sheet at a time.

Epson Europe (http://global.epson.com/company/global_ ... urope.html) seems to have numerous locations and you should contact them for advice and to see if they will honor Epson USA's warranty.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon May 21, 2012 5:38 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I had a similar problem with an HP printer. Customer service pointed me in the direction of dirty rollers. Sure enough there were tiny shavings of paper on them and when I cleaned them off it worked fine. Granted, mine was not new anymore, but maybe there is something like lubricant on the rollers. You might check it out. My Epson has been frustrating me lately by not printing out to one edge when I print borderless, but that's another subject.

SFJ
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

4 posts |