Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by jeffrey l. armstrong on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm
jeffrey l. armstrong
Forum Contributor
Need a HIGH quality print and only know of Mpix & Bayphoto.com. Want to do a Standout type. Any comments on either and/or a recommendation of others. Thanks Jeff A.

by SteveShuey on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:37 pm
SteveShuey
Lifetime Member
Member #:01479
I have used Mpix before and have been quite impressed with the quality. Not done Standouts so can't comment on that. Another group I've used is myphotopipe.com. They have quite a few selections and very good quality as well.
Steve Shuey
"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda

by Taylor Reed on Tue May 01, 2012 3:48 pm
Taylor Reed
Forum Contributor
I've purchased Standouts from several online labs. First, stand outs suck - I love the idea, but ultimately I stopped offering them because it's just so easy for the edge or corner to get damaged. A similar but far superior option IMO is http://www.DuraPlaq.com. Prints are mounted onto a sturdy, wooden "plaque" - MUCH more durable - I had one knocked down from a wall and it sustained no noticeable damage. A stand out would have been ruined. Prices are similar. I have my prints made by Aspencreekphoto.com and shipped directly to Duraplaq.

Another good option is Bay Photo's Metal Prints - I recently had two in an exhibition and everyone loved them, it seriously stole the show. These are also much more durable, and if you put the same photo on Metal next to a Standout it would blow it out of the water.
Landscape photographer based in Southern Illinois.
[url]http://www.ShawneeExplorer.com[/url]

by Greg Forcey on Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 am
Greg Forcey
Lifetime Member
Member #:00926
I've used Mpix and WHCC before and have been happy with both. I normally use WHCC except for small orders. WHCC has a $12 order minimum.
Greg Forcey

by Kari Post on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:08 am
Kari Post
Forum Contributor
Member #:00959
I have used MPix in the past, WHCC, and Bay Photo for prints. Of these, WHCC is my favorite and the most affordable as well, but my metal prints from Bay Photo are nice and get lots of compliments.
Kari Post, former NSN Editor 2009-2013
Check out my Website and Instagram

5 posts |