Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by kculton on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 am
kculton
Forum Contributor
There are 3 editions available, standard, designer and special edition. I would be printing low volume nature prints not sure if I should get standard or designer, opinions besides price difference?
Thanks

by Randy Mehoves on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 pm
Randy Mehoves
Forum Contributor
The Designer edition includes RIP software, Special (Signature Worthy) Edition includes packs of 8 1/2x11 paper. All are the same printer as the standard edition just $200 more for some additions.
You may need the RIP software depending on how you print. The packs of 25 sheets of paper in that small size are not worth $200 to me.
Randy Mehoves
http://www.randymehovesphotography.com

by Royce Howland on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:13 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Agree with Randy. The paper packs aren't worth it, and the RIP software is overkill for most people. RIP's are beneficial to high volume printers, or people who are fanatical about getting the best / most custom-tailored printing workflow possible. :) I'm pretty fanatical, but even I don't go that far. When I need that caliber of output, I go to a third-party printing service. (If you're printing on Windows, I would however recommend looking at Qimage; it's a very effective alternative to a full RIP, and IMO superior to printing straight from Photoshop or the like.)

Since the printer itself is the same, my personal choice would be to save the money and get the "standard" edition. Well... more likely, I would turn around and spend that money on more interesting paper. :)
Royce Howland

by kculton on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm
kculton
Forum Contributor
Thanks Rouce and Randy.

by signgrap on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Royce Howland wrote: . . . I would however recommend looking at Qimage; it's a very effective alternative to a full RIP, and IMO superior to printing straight from Photoshop or the like.)

Since the printer itself is the same, my personal choice would be to save the money and get the "standard" edition. Well... more likely, I would turn around and spend that money on more interesting paper. :)
I second Royce's recommendation. Qimage is the way to go.
Dick Ludwig

5 posts |