A story with a photo, not an inspiring photo- Cayman Brac

Posted by stevebein on Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:37 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
On the east end of Cayman Island, there are bluffs where I took the brown booby image I posted plus others. The island is a limestone mountain peak which rises above the ocean floor, which causes wonnderful underwater walls for diving. The surface is very rocky and the rock is grossly porous and all edges are sharp. The trails through the area are just cleared paths on this razor sharp rock. While we were being guided by TJ, the only paid naturalist in the Cayman Islands, whose services, by the way, are free, I was thinking that I have to be careful, since one slip would cause significant pain. A minute later, a member of our party slipped. So, if you visit Cayman Brac Island, be very careful.
This is about 6" of the surface near the bluffs and this is what contact can do.
Steve Bein
drbein@aol.com

Posted by:
stevebein
Lifetime Member
Member #:00137

by robert hasty on Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:40 am
robert hasty
Forum Contributor
Hey Steve, neat shots and info. My sister just got back from a 2 month scuba diving trip down that way some where. Shes a certified trainer and all that yada yada. She also got cut up a few times from these razor sharp rocks. Better her then me :wink:

robert............
Robert Hasty
NSN0075

[size=75]
[i] There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:[/i][/size]

2 posts |